The prosperous beginnings
The hotel was built by Denys and Monique Colomb de Daunant in 1954: 3 bedrooms and 4 people to take care of it. He was called "the Little Cacharel". Our clients came for 3 or 4 weeks and were, for the most part, riders who were crazy about loneliness. There was no water, no electricity, no telephone, only a table d'hôtes which the elders still talk about.
The enlargement of the 60s
In 1962, the hotel was enlarged to ten rooms. Between 66 and 68 water, electricity and telephone were placed underground, because Denys Colomb de Daunant, aware of a natural heritage to defend, refused for a long time all poles and lines which would have disfigured the landscape. Until 1986 a restaurant welcomed our guests.
The next generation of the 80s
In 1986, Florian Colomb de Daunant, son of Denys, took over from Cacharel. In the early 90s, the restaurant gave way to a light menu of country dishes. Now, these are sixteen rooms, where human warmth, calm and authenticity are cultivated for your happiness and for ours.
Tradition in the 21st century
Brought to life in the 2000s, our objective is not to betray the spirit that made our first customers dream so much. In 2004 then 2006, Monique then Denys Colomb de Daunant passed away. They left this magical place where their spirit will remain for a long time attached to this Cacharel and this Camargue that they loved so much.